Monday, March 26, 2007

On the Conference


(click for larger view)


A few points from the Restoring Justice conference

A) Tony Campolo’s ideas about Red Letter Christians. This was a theme which could be found throughout the event, and originally posted by Lewis on his blog. Follow .:this link:. for an interview by Campolo on CBC’s the Hour.

B) It is not necessary to be a hippy to be a Christian. But adopting various hippy ideas really helps. There was a large emphasis on community and caring for others from a community.

C) Not at all related to the conference’s theme, but playing in the band was quite an experience. I never worship and experience God like I do from behind a kit. I am not sure what that is about, but it happens almost every time I play in a worship setting. I propose that playing drums is a very mystical experience…

Here are some links which are related:

Darryl’s Conference Notes

Epiphaneia – Session Syndication


-C.D. Clements



3 comments:

Patrick Sutherland said...

Your comment C reminds me of a scene from the movie Chariots of Fire. Its a movie about a Christian who is a brilliant runner. And in the movie he talks about the experience of running and it is noted that he is always smiling when running... and he replies "I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure."

I would submit it is a similar experience to that which you express while playing the drums.

al r hounsell said...

I put the 'fan' in
epi-FAN-ea

C.D. Clements said...

Update:
I now think this was a silly post.
March 25th, 2009