Tuesday, January 31, 2012

On Nouwen



Breaking news:

My professor tells me I had a good idea in class last night! Typically I try to add to the conversation, but I have a sneaking suspicion my classmates (all fourth year PhD candidates) endure me politely.

"Nouwen seems to view the goal of the Christian life as communion with God and relates to our attention and inattention to God. Nouwen’s understanding of being Godly is downward mobility and cruciformity, Philippians 2."*

Not my words, but mostly my idea. Score.

-C.D. Clements


*As opposed to godliness as sinning less / becoming more holy.

4 comments:

Oregon retirement community said...

You put some outstanding elements on this work.

qingblog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.