He said many more things, but I was thinking about this one particularly. There is a prevailing theology (which is a sort of Gnosticism) whereby Christians get to flee the world as it self-destructs. But consider the following:
1. The New Jerusalem is going to be ‘let down’ from heaven. Who is going to live in it?
2. Why is God has God established his kingdom on earth if at the return of Christ (an the fulfillment of all things) there is not going to be any one to be in the kingdom?
3. The crated order is ‘groaning’ in anticipation of the right ordering of the cosmos. (Romans 8) The creation is groaning for man to rule and serve it the way God intended. (N.T. Wright)
4. The Bible asserts a new heaven and a new earth.
5. Inheritance as sons (and daughters) of God. This inheritance is also ‘the nations.’
This means that Christians are to anticipate a renewed (or new) earth in their actions, and avoid (among other things) attempts to preserve God’s kingdom by dropping bombs on evil.